We will consider graduate level developer with computer science degree from a top school.
My client founded in 1996 is searching for Research, Support and Development Associate
We are the industry pioneer and global leader in broker-neutral execution and order systems for equities, foreign exchange and listed derivatives. With offices in North America Europe, and Asia, we have a worldwide client base spanning more than 175 buy- and sell-side firms, including many of the largest investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, commodity trading advisors and institutional brokers. A pioneer in the field, we introduced the first trading system that allowed clients to control and customize their proprietary algorithms while maintaining the confidentiality of their trading strategies via a vendor-provided, broker-neutral platform. Our staffs of developers, programmers, strategists and product specialists work hand-in-hand with our clients' technologists and traders to break new ground in the field of electronic trading.
This unique opportunity provides exposure to a wide array of business and computer science topics, ranging from state of the art trading strategy development in multi-asset, domestic and international environments to efficiency in computing and software engineering. Due to its multidisciplinary nature, the work environment creates a strong foundation in electronic and algorithmic trading that is difficult to obtain in traditional development and support positions.
We are seeking highly motivated, self-driven developers who can combine technical, analytical and business skills, and use this foundation to bring about long-lasting improvements to our trading platform.
The candidate should be able to identify new features based on user feedback, design them and follow through with the implementation. This extends to analyzingand improving existing capabilities. As experience and knowledge about the system develops, the candidate will be encouraged to research new software and hardware methods, the trading domain, and apply cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems in this space.
- Develop and implement solutions for integrating our products with those of clients. This usually involves software development based on multiple C++/Java/C# APIs, both from ours and the client side.
- Support and enhance the products on ongoing basis.
- Build tools to automate different management aspects of the system.
- Implement custom trading strategies.
- Develop new features, based on client or internal requests.
- Analyze the efficiency of the program execution through profiling tools (Valgrind, Gprof knowledge is a plus), and work towards eliminating any identified bottlenecks.
- Come up with new product ideas.
- Work as direct contact with traders, technologists and quantitative analysts at trading firms.
- C/C++ and understanding of the Unix environment (shell, scripting, process control, system calls), experience with Unix compilers/debuggers, socket programming.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or higher
- Analytical and communication skills are essential.
- Fundamental knowledge of data structures, algorithms and concepts of running time is a must.
- C#, Java, Perl, or other languages, are a plus.