|Reference # : ||13-00105
||Title : ||Help Desk Support Analyst|
New York, NY
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||11/21/2013
| Description |
The candidate will join a team responsible for providing application support to the Production and non-Production environments, providing technical support to client users, track and resolve issues in the Production and non-Production environments while providing trading system technical support for internal Operations and Marketing groups. The candidate will also be responsible for reviewing and improving support processes, monitoring, and alerting. The candidate will work closely with application developers, release engineering, infrastructure, and business analysts to identify, resolve issues, and promote change within the environment. It is vital that the candidate possess strong problem-solving, time-management, and communication skills. The candidate may need to work outside of normal business hours and weekends on-call responsibility.
- Part of the Global support team that provides support in US hours between 7am and 6pm. However should be available if needed for Asia and UK support
- Monitor system applications.
- Act on identified issues in all environments, with priority given to problems in the Production trading environments.
- Raise and track issues through the use of the helpdesk ticketing mechanism.
- Answer hotline calls
- Cooperate with support and technical staff at Dealer/Client sites.
- Participate in global support meetings as requested.
- Participate in night and weekend support and software releases.
- Proficient navigating both windows and Linux environments
- Basic SQL skills to troubleshoot data issues
- Good communication and over-the-phone support skills.
- Perl, batch, shell or other scripting language knowledge a plus.
- Understanding of how a distributed/trading system works.